Friday, June 3, 2011

Soon I Won't Be Able To Do The Truffle Shuffle Anymore





So I think I need to get like a tractor seat for my bike.  My michael Taint is sore. (Sorry for the lame 90's christian subculture reference)  Just from that 20 min bike ride the other day.  Ugh.  Ok, I like to get the bad news out of the way first. That was the bad news jsyk.

Good News:  I weighed myself this morning.  254.5lbs   5 1/2 lbs lost in 4 days.   That's Biggest Loser kind of results.   Well, let's be honest.  That's more like the results of a girl on The Biggest Loser.  

That is the best motivation I can have.  If I didn't lose any weight in the first week or so I was going to only wear small t-shirts until I lost the weight.  

Yesterday I went to Cincy for a funeral.  We got there early to spend time with Val's family.  They have a pool at their apartment complex.  So I decided that I should swim with the kids.  Just because you have a funeral to go to doesn't mean that you can't do some cardio.  Normally I just sit in a chair by the pool because I don't really feel like taking my shirt off in front of people that I don't know.  I would always use the excuse that "I don't really like swimming".  Growing up, I was the kid at the pool who wore his t shirt while swimming.  All because, one time I got made fun of by a boy 2 years younger than me. He made fun of my boy boobs and that was that.  10 years of being self conscious.  But what that kid said is in my mind now, driving me to reach my goal.   Thanks dude.  

Okay! Good memory.


I don't know if I'm going to post every day what I ate or not.    Let me know what you think.  Since we were out of town I had to eat out 2 meals.  Well, i didn't have to, but I'm not great at planning ahead.




Breakfast- Homemade smoothie (Bananas, strawberries, carrots, Yogurt and Home grown Kefir. 24oz.



Lunch- Chipotle Burrito Bowl (Chicken, beans and hot salsa only)



Snack- 2 Rice Cakes


Dinner- Naked Tenders and 1/2 order of buffalo chips.



       Calories:  1371
      Swimming:  200
------------------------
1171 calories.


These numbers may be off.  I didn't do much in the pool since I don't know how to swim laps very well.  I almost drown every time.  I turn my head to take a breath and since I weigh so much my head isn't completely out of the water and I breath in a cup of water instead.  Kinda hard to keep a good pace doing that.

Not the best day for food.  Need some vegetables.  I am going to start taking Juice Plus today.  So that should help, while i try to introduce them into my regular diet.  Time to get to work.


5 comments:

  1. Levi, you are hysterical. Love your writing style. Vegetables are super important-- quite a few even require more calories to digest than they actually contain. (Celery, for example). Great job on the weight loss during the first week! Once you set some good habits, you won't even have to think about this-- cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also-- JT and I recently discovered the sodium content of Chipotle. It's INSANE. Even if you aren't consuming that many calories, the sodium content will cause you to retain water. Plus, too much salt isn't great for your blood pressure. Just fyi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I saw that on MyFitnessPal. Lame. I'll find a way to counteract the high sodium meals. Maybe with a water pill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! Levi. Small changes first...Brad has lost 33 lbs and I have lost 23 just by making small changes to our lives...not dieting..dieting is too hard..I have always put the weight back on.It helps if everyone is eating the same things too.

    ReplyDelete