Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Is Kate Moss Right?






"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."  This is a moto that Kate Moss lives by.  While some people are firmly against this mindset, I am not so sure.  I am not skinny by any stretch of the word, but since I've lost a little bit of weight I can say that this weight loss feels better mentally than most food.  Besides Hounddogs pizza. And Ray Ray's BBQ. And Sprecher Root Beer. And Jeni's Pistachio and Honey ice cream.   (The best way to lose weight is to constantly think of the most delicious food that you shouldn't eat a bunch of)
    If you have been fat in the past, then lost a bunch of weight,  you probably can understand what Kate is saying.  I hope to have a very good perspective on this in a few months.

I ran on saturday. By 'ran', I mean jogged. And by 'jogged' I mean flailed my sweaty body up and down the back streets of North Clintonville.  I tried to stick to the back streets of the rich neighborhood that lies directly south of where we live .  I didn't want anyone I knew to see me in this state.  And since none of my friends are rich, I chose this very specific location. Of course I jogged with pristine form down my street on the way home, to impress the neighbors. I walk in the door. Light headed. Slight Headache. Thick white spit.  I can see why people love this.  Idiots.

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 13 lbs. I started this experiment 14 days ago.  I am feeling good.  I'll probably run tomorrow morning for the second time.  Hopefully the soreness in my legs doesn't last as long as it did the first time.  Maybe I'll start jogging in places that no one else does.  Like the mall.  Or Hilltop.

I probably need to get more serious about losing the weight.  I know I have lost 13 lbs but I don't feel like I earned it.  I haven't done very much at all.  36 followers are watching me, and I need to do something entertaining.  Maybe post some videos.  We'll look into that.

bye.

1 comment:

  1. Levi,

    Don't start running yet. You should do some power walking, honestly the best and fastest way to lose weight. Look into it at least, running puts your heart rate in a "cardio" zone which is good for you but fast walking puts your heart rate in more of a "weight loss/ fat burner zone". Then run when it won't be so hard on your joints. You will kill your knees and back!

    From,
    The nurse who once had to give you CPR on the awesomatic backdrop at a birthday party.

    ReplyDelete